Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Random Dozen 25 August







1. What is your favorite Mexican dish? I love all kinds of Mexican food. My absolute fave is Arroz con Pollo. I like to enjoy that with a margarita infused with a healthy shot of Patron!



2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate? I did my homework in the evenings right after supper. I like to do things at set times..eat @ 9-12-6..yadda yadda...but it hardly ever works out anymore...I would say I am a tad OCD but only about certain things!



3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings? I can't say I have a favorite store. I look around and price shop. I like Pottery Barn. My F-I-L loves to woodwork, so I usually pick an item and he makes it for me!



4. When you were young, did you like school lunches? Absolutely, I work in an elementary school so some days I still eat school lunches. We actually have a good meatloaf.



5. Is religion a crutch?  Anything can be used as a crutch. I do not think so for me.



6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport? Now remember I live in the South. East Tn to be specific...
With boys, it's definitely football. We have big big rivalries. With girls, it's basketball. When little girls are born in my town..parents know within moments of their birth, if they are going to play for Pat Summit @ U.T. or if they are going to be cheerleaders!


7. Do you consider yourself rich? Lord, what a loaded question. That's way too deep for me @ 8 in the morning. I would like to be richer in all areas!



8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:

A) CPR

B) Heimlich Maneuver

C) Changing a flat tire

B..I think I could handle that. Maybe C in an emergency..

9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:

A) Salsa

B) Hip Hop: cause you burn more calories & that's the dance phase I grew up with!

C) Waltz

D) Swing



10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone? I had to tell my mom that her brother died and then a few years later that her mom passed away. When her mom passed, I can't remember if I actually told her, but I was there. She lives in Southern California.



11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
 There is a thing as too much alcohol!



12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song? I know that is will shock my friends but....the song "Moon River"...when it says "my huckleberry friend...moon river.dah dah dah..."

2 comments:

  1. I loved Moon River growing up. In fact, I wanted to skate to it one year, but my only copy was from an old record and it didn't come through clear enough when transferred so my coach came up with a different music selection for my program instead. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #11: so true!
    Moon River? REALLY? LOL!

    ReplyDelete