Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
1. What is your favorite kind of cheese? I am not a really big fan of cheese but I do like Hot Pepper.
2. What size is your bed? Queen, We used to have a king and I miss that cause we could all pile up on it and have movie night. The queen is a little too small for that.
3. What is your most overused phrase? I have so many!! I am a phrase type of girl! But the one I use the most is probably "You are such an asshole!" in regards to hubby of course!
4. Green or purple grapes? purple seedless!!
5. Shower, morning or night? Morning, it wakes me up and I feel better the whole day through!
Thursday, November 25, 2010
I have been reading some really good smut...vampire smut.....I love this series and I have read almost all of them. The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward
This is the newest one out. They are not scary or really gross, but they have an awesome story line. If you read them be sure to read them in order if you can. I did not and had to read some of them twice to get the story line, but I am a little OCD about reading books in order. I have still yet to read one of them...it's totally killing me!! If you like to read, please try this series..I think you will like it!
Friday, November 12, 2010
people don't have to prove they are citizens".
1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you? I had a really severe car accident and my leg re-broke one day after I was "supposedly" healed. I had to walk/hop inside. I hyperventilated. It was the worst pain ever!!
2. How much sleep do you get at night? 8-10 hours...I do love my sleep!!!
3. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? How did you find out that he does not exist? I still believe in Santa ..My parents sat me down at the dinner table and gave me this long talk about Santa not being real and I think I was like "O.K. Is that all??" No biggie
4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Can't remember probably a Disney cartoon..I would take the kids during the winter. We go to the drive-in movies quite a bit..The last movie I saw there was A-Team & Toy Story 3!
5. What do you wear to bed? T-shirt, sometimes pj bottoms
Monday, November 8, 2010
1. What is your favorite kind of pie? Peanut Butter or Chocolate...
2. Have you ever ran out of gas in the car you were driving? Just once! Let me start by saying that my husband runs out of gas ALL the time..regularly. I told you that to tell you this. Just before we started we started dating (I knew him before we became romantically inclined), I ran out of gas. I was at the local cruising strip and I told him that I had ran out of gas and asked if he could help me out and give me a ride to get some gas. He told me NO that he had somewhere to be. I saw him later on that evening and it was evident that he lied to me. So now, even though we have been together over 20 years & he runs out of gas at least every 2 weeks, if he runs out of gas and needs help...I laugh and say "Tough Shit Asshole" and then I hang up the phone. This story is not an exaggeration...it's the gospel truth!
3. How many languages do you speak? One, but the voices in my head speak several!!
4. Do you take daily vitamins? Nope, I should though!
5. What is your worst eating habit? I just eat way too much, I have no portion control.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Thursday: M had her first JV basketball game and she did well. I am so proud of her and her efforts.
Saturday: M had her first boy/girl party. We had told her that if she made the basketball team, she could have some friends over. Let's just say that it was more of a couples thing. I was unaware of the plotting & planning that had gone into the invites. You know I should have guessed. I had better get in the game cause the teen years are fast approaching!! I am going to be on her like stink on shizzleit. ha ha
Sunday: Took the kids Trick or Treating. We went to my sister in laws subdivision. I turned the kids loose and sat with SIS to hand out candy. She is a librarian and doesn't have any children, so she ran out of candy. She usually hands out bookmarks/erasers, but her hubby bought candy this year! Well, I called my daughter to bring us her candy, so that we could re-treat. I had the bright idea to open the erasers as they were in packs of 4 and hand out just 1 eraser to the older kids(kids that should not be T & T anyway, mine included. She did surrender her candy though). These preppy high school girls come to T&T, so I do my thing with the 1 eraser and she girls says "Did you just NOT put something in my bag?????" OMG, I just about flipped out. She was probably 15 years old, WTF???? I was laughing my ass off!!!
Friday, October 29, 2010
2. Do you budget your Christmas shopping or just get it done without budgeting? I go at the last minute and get everything in 1 or 2 days. It's a rule with me that I don't even start until after Dec. 15. I do budget and spend equally among my kids and the family members we buy gifts for.
3. What is the craziest fad diet you have ever done? Hot dogs and grapefruit juice...needless to say that didn't last long. GAG-A-MAGGOT
4. Is there a TV show that you have seen every episode/season of? Of course Ghost Adventures...The new season started this month so I am busy every Friday night @ 9!! (travel channel) I also have all the episodes of The Brady Bunch and yes I still watch it!!!! Roseanne too!
5. What one song always pulls at your heart? When I was a little girl the song "Wildfire" by Michael Martin Murphy always made me cry and it still does.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
I ought to be ashamed of my self!! I have been neglecting my blog, but I will tell you the truth, work has been crazy super busy and I have been running my kids around like a mad person!!
1. Do you sleep with a night light on? No, but I do have a sleep machine that plays the sound of waves crashing. No lights but white noise!!
2. What do you drink with dinner? If we are eating out sweet tea!! Is there anything else?? At home, Diet whatever or water.
3. Do you play the lottery? If so, how often? I do play some, but not often....I ONLY play the scratch off bingo when the mood strikes.
4. How often do you go to the grocery store? Not often enough here lately!! I am one of the weird people that love to go to the grocery store!! I love it!! I go at least once a week!!
5. Would you rather travel back in time 500 years or travel forward 500 years? Back in time for sure!!
Saturday, September 11, 2010
A divorced friend of mine and I were talking the other day. She got married last week and I talked with her a few days before the big day and she told me that she couldn't believe that she had found love again and that she could be so happy."I never knew it could feel this way" That's what she told me..I swear I almost broke down right where I was standing. She NEVER thought she could or would be loved again..
I was sitting at P's football practice with a girl I have known for several years. She has been married for a long time. She was leaving and her husband came up to her and asked her how her day was and then he kissed her and said "I love you and I will see you at home."
That has made me realize that something is missing from my marriage. It has always been missing and I don't think I have ever had it. My husband and I have been together for a good long while. Dated for 4 years and then we were married for 16 years this past May.
I think I was so scared that I would never find someone to love me that I settled for someone that probably would have never married anyone and he would have been ok with that.
Please understand that I am not wanting a divorce or anything like that, its just the realization that maybe he doesn't really love me or care about me in the way I want to be loved and cared for. Maybe he just doesn't know how to show it. I don't know. I just know I am damn tired of going places by myself and people wondering where my husband is. Sometimes I think I try and fool myself that there are lots of husbands that are anti-social, but maybe I just need to take some advice from Ronnie Reagan.
"Don't be afraid to see what you see."
But you know what, he would be there if he really wanted to be.
There are friends of mine that read my blog and will wonder if I am unhappily married...not really....just probably in a slump or PMSing and that always makes me feel sorry for myself, but then I get over it! I also have friends that will tell me what a sorry ass husband I have. No shit Sherlock I knew that, but he is a good provider! It's just been a long hard week.
Friday, September 3, 2010
2. When you look out your kitchen window, what do you see? I see the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. It is beautiful!! I also see a lot of farmland. That's not my backyard...but a very similar view.
3. Who/What would you want to be reincarnated as? I would like to be born into a royal family, but not the Windsors or Mount Battens or who ever they are.....maybe Monaco!!
4. What is your biggest pet peeve about other people's kids? When kids are at stores or standing in a line and parents let them act silly and run around screaming and playing. That drives me BONKERS.
5. Regular or Diet soda? Diet. My fave is Diet Mtn. Dew followed closely by Diet Coke/Pepsi (with a little rum for good measure).
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture. Ticks. About 6 years ago I had Rocky Mtn. Spotted Fever. I have never been so sick in my life. A rash develops with this and the doctors at the ER kept insisting that it was dermatological. It was pretty severe until they finally ran some blood tests, 6 ER visits later. I didn't have a Dr at the time.
2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do? I recycle cans and paper.
3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you. I can't say that I have recurring dreams that haunt me, but I have had several that were unsettling and still haunt me.
4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances? OMG yes. Last February, I was flying home from LAX (visiting mom) and I got stuck in traffic on the freeway and then TSA put me in the wrong line. Although I was secretly hoping to go back to mom's, I caught the next flight going to Atlanta.
5. What do you consider your best feature? Everyone comments on my eyes.
6. What was the last concert you went to? I have not been to a concert in years. In the early 90's Alan Jackson came to Knoxville.
7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced. Oh My! My kids were at a Vacation Bible School a few years ago and my son gave the closing prayer, he was 3 or 4 at that time, as we were getting in the car to leave (my car windows were down) he gets into an argument with his sisters and yells at the top of his lungs "Will you shut the hell up". The parking lot was full. I left the church with my head down.
8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer? I am a phrase singer. I will sing certain phrases of a song and hum the rest.
9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute? Another season is on the way, get ready for change.
10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010? Today is the day that I stop being passive at work (about some minor issues). I am going to be proactive from now on or just keep my mouth shut, but that's really a contradiction. So, I am going to be proactive on keeping my big mouth shut.
11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.) Taco Bell. I run for the border every chance I get like the hounds of hell are chasing me.
12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships? NO. Not purely ever. They may fool themselves for a while, but NO.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
1. I tried to put a snazzy new background on my blog. I found out if I do that I can't look @ my blog @ work so I had to delete it. That stunk! That's why I didn't do Meet Me on Monday.
2. I wish we had more fonts!! I wonder if there is a way to get more? If you know, tell me!
Not a whole lot going on, just running kids everywhere!! Today we have tennis, football practice, basketball practice, and cheer leading (another football game). I won't get home until late.
I do have some good news! Wilma is coming on Thursday! She helps me clean! She is only supposed to do floors and bathrooms but she does so much more! I didn't use her much this summer as we were home and we have "fair weather friends" over so we keep the house picked up. If you have a pool you know what fair weather friends are. These are friends that start calling in late April, early May cause they know you are getting ready to open your pool!
Have a great day and come back tomorrow for Random Wednesday!
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
1. How many pets do you have? I have 1 spoiled rotten Chiweenie named Trixie. I have always liked large dogs and never thought I would enjoy having a lap dog, but I was wrong wrong wrong!
2. If you could switch places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be? Would I get their money and extravagances too?? Now that's the question!!! I think I would like to try to work on a Cruise ship. I want to be in a high position so I wouldn't have to sleep in the bunk rooms. Sort of like Julie on "The Love Boat"!!
3. What is your favorite money saving tip? When I know that my children and I will be out all day doing errands or whatever, I will go by a restaurant that sells sweet tea by the gallon and buy a gallon of tea and 4 cups and that usually lasts us all day. Thats about the only tip I have!!
4. What do you want your kids to be when they grow up? I want for them to be happy, well-adjusted, & good members of their community. I hope that they make good choices in love, but you really never know do you?? I also want them to have great friends who will stand by them through thick and thin!!
5. What is your favorite quote? I have several! The one from Ronald Reagan is my favorite, because a lot of times I think I am afraid to REALLY look at things! The others speak for themselves.
Don't be afraid to see what you see.
If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart.. I’ll always be with you.
-- Winnie the Pooh
I used to believe in forever . . . but forever was too good to be true.
-- Winnie the Pooh
Thursday, August 26, 2010
4:00 - whenever Tennis meet
5:30-7.00 Football practice
8-9 bball lessons
I told you that to tell you this: My husband has been home sick with a stomach thing for 2 days. Y'all know I am not the most tolerant of his crap. So he calls me this morning to tell me his cousin (who doesn't work but lives off his daddy's money, and there's quite a bit) wants him to go to Alabama to pick up a truck. I had told hubby earlier this week that I would probably need his help on Thursday. So, I was like "I thought you were going to help me today???" C starts this pity shit Cousin needs me to go..blah blah blah. Does he really think I give a flying f#$% what his cousin needs?? Anyway I finally just said leave me some damn money on the table and get the hell out of this state before I get home! Needless to say, I don't think he went!
GOD, I LOVE BEING MARRIED!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
1. What is your favorite Mexican dish? I love all kinds of Mexican food. My absolute fave is Arroz con Pollo. I like to enjoy that with a margarita infused with a healthy shot of Patron!
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate? I did my homework in the evenings right after supper. I like to do things at set times..eat @ 9-12-6..yadda yadda...but it hardly ever works out anymore...I would say I am a tad OCD but only about certain things!
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings? I can't say I have a favorite store. I look around and price shop. I like Pottery Barn. My F-I-L loves to woodwork, so I usually pick an item and he makes it for me!
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches? Absolutely, I work in an elementary school so some days I still eat school lunches. We actually have a good meatloaf.
5. Is religion a crutch? Anything can be used as a crutch. I do not think so for me.
6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport? Now remember I live in the South. East Tn to be specific...
With boys, it's definitely football. We have big big rivalries. With girls, it's basketball. When little girls are born in my town..parents know within moments of their birth, if they are going to play for Pat Summit @ U.T. or if they are going to be cheerleaders!
7. Do you consider yourself rich? Lord, what a loaded question. That's way too deep for me @ 8 in the morning. I would like to be richer in all areas!
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
B..I think I could handle that. Maybe C in an emergency..
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop: cause you burn more calories & that's the dance phase I grew up with!
10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone? I had to tell my mom that her brother died and then a few years later that her mom passed away. When her mom passed, I can't remember if I actually told her, but I was there. She lives in Southern California.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
There is a thing as too much alcohol!
12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song? I know that is will shock my friends but....the song "Moon River"...when it says "my huckleberry friend...moon river.dah dah dah..."
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
1. What is your favorite fair/carnival food? I love corn dogs, funnel cakes, and deep fried Twinkies.
2. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of ? Lord Have Mercy YES!!! Guilt, anger, resentment, grudges......but I will tell you something I taught myself...when I am dealing with all this in the middle of the night..I think to myself "Are they laid up in bed worrying about you?" The answer is NO..and then I drift peacefully off to sleep.
3. What is your favorite gift to receive? A cookbook...I read them just like a regular book. I also love the universal gift of love...COLD HARD CASH!!!
4. When was the last time you tried something new? I had a massage last week...I am not a touchy feely person.
5. What is your favorite and least favorite book genre?
Memoir, Mystery, Political Intrigue, Romance, Humor, Historical Fiction, Historical nonfiction, Chick Lit, Self-Help, Other
My least favorites are: Self-Helps, Political Intrigue, and Murder Mysteries. I will and do read everything else. I read all the time.
6.Silver or Gold? Silver. I don't wear much, normally just earrings. But I would prefer my nicer jewelry to be gold.
7. What makes you sigh? Sometimes I see a moment(s) with my kids, seeing people that I miss terribly, and the occasional sight of my first true love.
8. If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you claim you are? 25
9. Would you break a law to save a loved one? To protect a loved one? No, I believe in tough love. I also believe you have to let people learn from their mistakes. My heart would break for them though.
10. If you had to teach something, what would it be? History!! Without a doubt!
11. You're having lunch with 3 people whom you respect and admire. They begin to criticize a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. What do you do? Sit there and keep my mouth shut. Its pays to play dumb sometimes.
12. Which of the 5 Love Languages is your prominent means of experiencing love? Words of Affirmation
Acts of Service
Words of Affirmation
Monday, August 16, 2010
1. What is your favorite dessert? My Aunt Cherry makes a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Its just your basic cake, but it's my favorite. It just may be because its made with love!
2. What do you wear to bed? One of C's t-shirts and cotton shorts
3. Do you get regular manicures/pedicures? No, I have never had a pedicure, but I plan to soon!!
4. Did you play any sports in high school? Yes, I played volleyball and softball. Believe me, we did not wear those teensy little shorts back then!!
5. Do you have an iPod? I have an iPod shuffle that belonged to one of my girls before they received a better one. I still prefer the shuffle!
Friday, August 13, 2010
1. Have you ever visited another country? Yes, I have actually lived in England for almost a year.
2. Where is the strangest place you have ever been? All I can say is that it was in Newport, Cocke Co. TN. If you are familiar with the area then you know, if you don't have a clue what I am talking about...let's just say you're better off!
3. What is your favorite season? I like Spring and Fall, the best. I really enjoy Summer. I hate Winter!!!
4. What one song will always cheer you up? "Shake Your Booty" by KC & the Sunshine Band
5. What Disney character do you resemble most? Cinderella.....Who the hell else!!!! lol
Thursday, August 12, 2010
M is playing tennis for her school, fall basketball practice starts next week, C is cheerleading, & P is playing football and practices every day but Wednesday. I am never home my laundry is backing up and I am worn out!! C is working until dark every night, so I am doing this by myself. Truth be known, even if he wasn't working I would still be doing all the running. I know that when my kids are gone. I will wish for these days back again, but hell, it will wear you to a nub!!
I also had my first massage today. A local chiropractor sent his massage girls to the school and gave free 15 minute massages. I am not a touchy feely person and I had to keep reminding myself to relax...wtf?? Reminding myself to relax during a massage? I am thinking I need to do it more often!!
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Click on the link above and join in...
1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried? It was at a birthday party a few years ago. I was sitting by a friend of mine and a bird pooped on her face. RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES...the bird had eaten some purple berries..y'all know what I am talking about....I still laugh like a hyena when I tell this story!!
2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it? Give it to my daughter, I owe her $10.00......
3. Do you volunteer anywhere? No and I am ashamed. I will when my kids are older. I used to before I had kids.
4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it? Tomatoes & cucumbers. raw with salt and pepper.
5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large? Close friends are a small circle.
6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go? I went to my 20th high school reunion last summer. 2009....I don't remember much, but I felt really bad the next day for some reason. ha ha
7. When you're feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up? Just by saying kind words and a smile.
8. Have you taken a vacation this summer? I went to Kissimee, Fl to watch my daughter play in a bball national championship. We also went to Cocoa Beach.
9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time? Sauce packets from fast food restaurants...they are ALWAYS in my bag.
10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far? I went to the drive-in movies and saw Toy Story 3 and the A Team! Loved them both!!
11. Describe a perfect summer day. Layin by the pool with friends & family and just having fun!!
12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far! Don't have them loaded yet!! sorry
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
We have been loafing, loafing, loafing. Trying to keep the house clean and entertaining 1 kid and 2 preteen girls is a JOB!! Those girls are driving me nuts, They just bicker nonstop. I am going to keep up my blog again starting TODAY!! So watch out!!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
The orthodontist. Thanks for making me almost choke to death today when you told me my down payment. I know you are not charging too much for your services.
Hubby: Thanks for trying to be an ass for fixing my air conditioner in my car yesterday. I know it just about killed you to ROLL off the couch yesterday to fix that for your family, I appreciate all you do for us. In advance, thanks for mowing the yard. I know that's next on your list today, after you lay on your.... all day.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.) Cell Phone and a diet drink complete with straw
3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting? Southern California ( my mom lives there) and my aunts house.any one of them and I have several.
4. Share one factoid of your family's history. My great aunt was one of the first, if not the first, women to finish seminary college. My family also lost land when TVA came to TN. during the Great Depression.
5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I was young and care free and then I grew up and wished that I could recapture those feelings.
6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be? FOOD, I always worry about not having enough food for my family. I freak out if we get low on groceries, I don't know where I get this from.
7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is I do not like being touched unless I initiate it. I am BIG on personal space
8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy? A sweet tea from McDonald's
9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is Ron White and any of my friends on any given day. They do mix it up on occasion.
10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal? Be nice to the SRO @ my school. He is a jackass and I make myself be nice to him.
11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else? Say kind words and smile to everyone I meet.
12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon the end of the school year of course. But really being off so I can FINALLY get my HUGE pile of laundry done. I also am looking forward to going on my first ghost hunting meeting.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
And...here we go!
1. I just had a handful of sunchips. They were yummy.
2. It is what it is. I love to say that!!!
3. The third sentence on the 7th page of the book I'm reading:
"In a few days Mr Bingley returned Mr. Bennett's visit, and sat about ten minutes with him in his library." Pride and Prejudice" Jane Austen
4. Going out to eat and having an adult beverage tickles my fancy.
5. I was walking in the office and tripped over my purse. This is not unusual.
6. Ron White makes me laugh!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to Nashville, tomorrow my plans include ballgames and Sunday, I want to get home earlier enough to sit by my pool!
Stop by and link up!!!
1. Take your pick...date night, girls night out, or night out alone?
I like to go to the movies alone, but I have to say my favorite thing to do is GIRL'S NITE OUT!!! Those are the best things in the world!!
2. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? Just barely!!! I can do it though!
3. What is your favorite flower and why? I love Birds of Paradise. I saw them the first time I visited California and it was love at first site. All flowers are beautiful, but those are my choice!
5. If you won the lottery, what is the very first thing you would do?Pay off all my debt and then pack all of our bags and head somewhere tropical or a Disney Cruise!!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
2. Thank you daughter M!! I went out of my way to keep you off the bus this year. I arrange for transportation for you yesterday and you wouldn't answer my texts, questions or anything. My friend who is doing me a favor anyway calls and wonders where you are. You are riding the bus??!! This is not the first time you have done this sweetie, but I am sure it was your last.
3.Thank you daughter C. You called me such a nice name to your friend in one of your texts on your cell phone that I pay for. It was such a nice way to thank me. It was a pleasure to have you turn in your phone to me. I also have enjoyed listening to you whine as well. You are a credit to the word whiney.
If you have things that you are thankful for this week, just link up to the link below!!
Thank You Very Much
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great!
I remember my best friend getting a dozen roses from her parents and being amazed that parents did that type of thing for their kids. I just didn't think graduation was THAT big of a deal, but then my parents never bought me flowers for anything.
2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times? I keep a 5 gallon paint stick (free from Lowe's Home Improvement) to threaten my kids with. I DO NOT spank them with it. After that its pretty much the basics, flashlight, chairs, coolers, feminine products, etc...
3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar? I don't even know what a graduation open house is...lol. I have no upcoming events...A few baby showers but no weddings as of yet....I don't think any of hubbies relatives are pregnant.....lol
4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood.
You have to make decisions that are best for YOUR family. You will get a lot of advice (good or bad). You have to stand up for your family and the decisions you all make. If someone disagrees with it...It's none of their business anyway!
5. What was the last thing you broke? A very pretty Tuscan olive jar at my Mom's house. I always break something there..It's a standing joke.
6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily? 2-3 I think, I just trash it!!
7. Do you like to shop by catalog? I like to look through catalogs A LOT, but I always order online. I always look through every catalog I receive through the mail..
8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job? It's my job. I love working in the yard. I love to mow. Its very relaxing to me. I get my ipod out and mow til dark, if my family will let me.
9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home? My kitchen. We upgraded the house a while ago but we didn't touch the kitchen. It's next. I would like new appliances and new cabinet drawer pulls.
10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line? I read the newspaper at work, during the summer while I am off I don't look at the news at all. TV maybe
11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason? Ultimately yes. Somethings we have to look back on, and then the realization hits. Choices always have consequences, whether good or bad.
12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? I want to do the right thing right, but sometimes I do the wrong thing right. I don't know... I am confusing myself now.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Thank you so much! It came with conditions, though:
Accept and thank the person who gave it to you! List 10 things about yourself List 5 additional things you DON'T like Then pick ten people to give this lovely award to!
So, here it goes:
1. I have been married to my first husband for 16 years.
2. We have 3 awesome kids.
3. I have a chiweenie named Trixie, whom I absolutely adore!!
4.I feel that I have the bestestes friends in the whole world.
5.I love the sunshine, it makes you feel good inside & out!
6. I have 1 sister. I am the elder.
7.I love to read.
8.I am addicted to Diet Cokes.
9.I secretly love gas station hot dogs!! I know its yucky....
10.I laugh at inappropriate things.
1. I cannot seem to find the willpower to lose weight.
2.I hate hate hate to clean house.
3.Whiny kids annoy me to no end.
4.I worry too much.
5.I don't pray as often as I should.
Now for the 10 friends whose turn it is to take the award:
It's really hard to decide who to give it to, especially since I don't know if the 10 I pick will be interested in doing this. So, I'm going to take a chance and extend the invitation to some of my followers and some I follow:
Hodge Family's Hodgepodge
Ramblings Of A Working Mom
The Ramblings Of A Mama......
Friday, May 7, 2010
1. Salsa and chips go very well with cold margaritas.
2. Toilet paper, ketchup and you've even got mustard.
3. By the time I get home I will be worn smack out!! I have not been
4. Going by myself and just looking the products is what I look forward to most when grocery shopping.
5. And I was dreaming, when I thought my husband would actually do something around the house!!!!!
6. Good friends, love and laughter...is there anything else better?!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to it just being a low key Friday night, tomorrow my plans include a baby shower for great friend and basketball games and Sunday, I want to have a blast at a WMBA game in Cookeville!
Thursday, May 6, 2010
I have missed doing my blog. I didn't realize how much until I haven't had time to write it.
As I have said my sister and I have had our share of problems recently. I am not sure really what started it, but she called me a bitch on my friends facebook wall. Facebook is what it is....but you don't do that crap.Well, on Tuesday night she leaves another shitty message on my wall. She left a really smart ass comment about my blog. That sends me in a tizzy. I am pissed as hell. I have ignored her and ignored her but I am too old to put up with this shit any longer. I blocked her from Twitter & Facebook. Then damned if I don't log into my blog, and she is following me so I blocked her here too.
So here is my message to you dear sister, if you are reading this:
Leave me and my family alone. Keep your comments to yourself and shut up! You have told things in the past, way in the past, that has damaged my marriage and still does. I forgave you for that. That was before and this is now. I am done with you. DONE.
Friday, April 30, 2010
2. Madison and I left my book at home when we went to the library.
3. Why can't I go back to the beach?
4. My mother was in my thoughts today.
5. One of my father's favorite sayings was "You Are Grounded!".
6. Stressed Out--I know that feeling!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Madison's ballgame, tomorrow my plans include more ballgames and grilling hamburgers and Sunday, I want to clean house( I have too rather)!
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
I wasn't lost but I was hiking a trail alone and I kept thinking that snakes,coyotes and other wild animals would bite me and I would be left to die.
2. Have you ever been to an island?
Yes 2 islands
1. The Canary Islands
2. Catalina Island
loved it, loved it, loved it
3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?
I feel and then I start thinking and then I start feeling and then I start rationalizing......Its a crazy circle!!
4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?
I see situations in all colors...see answer #3 Its also a vicious circle!!
5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)
Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
or anything by Jane Austen
6. What are you most afraid of?
Heights, not being liked, and family losses, children. etc
7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?
I wouldn't like to lose either one, but I would rather lose both..I would never know what I missed .
8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?
Family pix of my mom, dad, & my sister
and a damn good pic of me looking hot!!
9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)
I went to the courthouse...I wouldn't want a wedding, but I would like to have a reception/party with family and friends!
10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.
EVERYONE needs it and deserves it.
11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?
reading & sudoko
12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?
I hope that they would be as funny as I think I am, but I hope they would make better choices as a young adult.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
M brought in a yummy cake and this time I had 2 pieces. You can check out her blog. Life in a small town. She is a great friend and co worker!! She comes to our school 2 days per week.
S brought me a Starbucks Java Frap. She is the kind of friend that will do anything for you. She has kept my kids for me to go visit my mom.
I am so ready for the weekend. I have ball tourneys, but they are close to my town.
This morning I spilled my Java Frap. as I entered the school and it spilled on the the threshold of the school.
The laziest custodian of the universe,R, said he didn't spill it so he wasn't cleaning it up. Let me say that the principal was running late and I was opening the office. Anyhoo, It was being tracked into the school. When principal arrived she started cleaning up the tracked in slush. I told her what had been said and he had to clean it up inside and OUT!! ha ha you lazy ASS!!
I think on Friday I am going to do the Friday Fill in...Look for my answers tomorrow for the Random Dozen.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
1. What was the first car you owned? 1987 Ford Escort GT
2. What song are you embarrassed to know the lyrics to?
"I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"
3. Have you ever had stitches? Yes, many times!!!
4. What was your first job? Cashier at a grocery store, Red Food
5. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character? Oscar or The Count
Once again I don't have any plans so we are going to lay low at home. We will have ballgames up until June. I hope to visit my mom in Cali. the first part of June!!
The office has been crazy again this week....these kids are going NUTS!!! Summer break is never going to get here. We only have 18 days left, but I swear everyday wears me out!!
Well, Its been nice knowing ya'll, because after this weekend with the hubby hobbled, I will probably be in jail.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts? No, just a shelf for gift bags. I buy wrapping paper as needed
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster? No, but was the first one on the scene of a car accident that had multiple fatalities. a couple of children
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song? Copacabana. I will be singing this all day now!
5. What's the best costume you've ever worn? My mom made me a Peter Pan costume one year...I wish she had kept it.
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? dictionary, but mostly spell check!
7. What's your favorite breakfast food? Biscuits & Gravy
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial? YES, Chia Pet, ProActive, Bare Minerals make up
9. Have you ever crawled through a window? Of course I have.....
10. Do you believe in love at first sight? Without a doubt
11. How many pairs of jeans do you own? 6
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.") Hawaiian print, something tropical
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Kids are doing good, hubby's not doing anything stupid, and I am in a fairly good mood so the universe is at peace. After thought, The damn day ain't over yet!!
I think when I get home I am going to rock a nap!!!
Friday, April 16, 2010
I have nothing to do all weekend. I want to repeat that because I can't believe it myself!! I HAVE NOTHING TO DO ALL WEEKEND!!
Well, I have plenty to do. I have no plans!! I am going to clean off my screened in porch, and work in the yard, and do other trivial things around the house.
My girls are GROUNDED so they are helping me. The reason they are grounded is that they will not clean their rooms after being asked to REPEATEDLY!! C was asked to go to Loretta Lynn's Motocross event, hate that. She will be cleaning. M won't care until her bff can't come over.
I have a little chuckle for you. M(my preteen) was in a mood this morning. We were on our way this morning, and one of hubbies cousins passed on the road. As he waved, I didn't recognize him so I asked M if that was her cousins car. She replies...are you ready for this???? "I don't know..I am NOT a stalker"
I started laughing, continued to laugh. The more I laughed, the madder she became. Needless to say by the time we got to school, She was pissed as hell. So, I wished her a great day and sent her on to middle school.
It's going to be a great weekend!!!!!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
I am hooked,hooked,hooked on ghost hunting shows. I love Ghost Adventures. My favorite is not Zak, but Aaron. Don't get me wrong, Zak is smoking hot, but Aaron seems more my style. You know the wierd, ugly,whatever friend. Not that Aaron is wierd or ugly, but if you have ever watched the show....He's not Zak. I can't get past Nick Groff's pointed ears. I always get the buddy. Just once, I would have liked to have the smoking hot guy. I never did. Always the buddy.
One of my besties(S) says she will go, but I am a little wary of the contents of the show. The website has Horror and/or Paranormal advertised, I don't want the horror...I just want to meet Aaron. He Lives in Vegas. For my 40th bday, I am going to Vegas, maybe I will meet him there???!!!
I am not a dark person or anything...I am just a girl hooked on ghost hunting shows.
My Name is Jenny. You can see most of my general info in my very first blog. I haven't been blogging for very long so I am pretty new to this.
I am married with three kids 12(M),11(C),&8(P).2 girls and 1 boy. I work at a rural elementary school in East Tennessee. I tend to blog about my daily life, kids life and just generally every day things.
I love to watch all the ghost hunting shows. I don't have that many hobbies. I like to read and camp. M plays travel bball so I sit in gyms quite often on the weekend.
I started blogging cause my husband is NOT a good listener, and I want to talk,talk,talk. Most of the time I talk about stupid stuff, but thats ok cause you are listening aren't you??
Follow me here and on twitter cause I love to tweet too!!
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?
Absolutely NO, unless you have the right ankle!
2. What is your favorite pizza?
Veggie or just plain ole' cheese
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
I would buy some of Mr. T's bling bling!!
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
5. What is your current favorite snack?
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
I don't think I would succeed on any of these shows, but I would definately rank high on "America's Worst Drivers"
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?
6 It's ball season!!!!
8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.
There is pollen on my car and I put on my flip flops
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
My son acting like a fool
10. Tell me about a goal you're working towards.
I am trying to be nice to others. REGARDLESS
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
A friend is someone who knows you and loves you just the same.
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
Fix their favorite meals! or just basically grant their every wish!!! haha
Setting up concessions and watching ballgames...
SATURDAY: More concessions and watching ballgames. OD bday was on Sunday, so between games I did a little bit of bday shopping. I couldn't believe I bought the right things and she loved them!!! I took a couple of the girls to watch their "boyfriends" play and they loved that!! During the last game of the day, OD scored 2 points..she MADE both her foul shots!! I am sure it had nothing to do with my pleading to the good Lord that the shots go in!
OD turned 12, so we met some friends and had lunch, then we set off to the mall. We did a lot of shopping and had a great time!! After shopping the mall for HOURS, she couldn't find anything. We ended up @ Old Navy for 45 mins. and we were done. I tried to get her to go there to start off with.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Monday was boring, didn't feel well, went to bed EARLY..
Today was pretty good.....laughed a lot with friends @ work, went out to eat, had a margarita, been drinking beer since.......
Peace at last!!!!!