Friday, April 30, 2010
2. Madison and I left my book at home when we went to the library.
3. Why can't I go back to the beach?
4. My mother was in my thoughts today.
5. One of my father's favorite sayings was "You Are Grounded!".
6. Stressed Out--I know that feeling!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Madison's ballgame, tomorrow my plans include more ballgames and grilling hamburgers and Sunday, I want to clean house( I have too rather)!
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
I wasn't lost but I was hiking a trail alone and I kept thinking that snakes,coyotes and other wild animals would bite me and I would be left to die.
2. Have you ever been to an island?
Yes 2 islands
1. The Canary Islands
2. Catalina Island
loved it, loved it, loved it
3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?
I feel and then I start thinking and then I start feeling and then I start rationalizing......Its a crazy circle!!
4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?
I see situations in all colors...see answer #3 Its also a vicious circle!!
5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)
Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
or anything by Jane Austen
6. What are you most afraid of?
Heights, not being liked, and family losses, children. etc
7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?
I wouldn't like to lose either one, but I would rather lose both..I would never know what I missed .
8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?
Family pix of my mom, dad, & my sister
and a damn good pic of me looking hot!!
9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)
I went to the courthouse...I wouldn't want a wedding, but I would like to have a reception/party with family and friends!
10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.
EVERYONE needs it and deserves it.
11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?
reading & sudoko
12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?
I hope that they would be as funny as I think I am, but I hope they would make better choices as a young adult.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
M brought in a yummy cake and this time I had 2 pieces. You can check out her blog. Life in a small town. She is a great friend and co worker!! She comes to our school 2 days per week.
S brought me a Starbucks Java Frap. She is the kind of friend that will do anything for you. She has kept my kids for me to go visit my mom.
I am so ready for the weekend. I have ball tourneys, but they are close to my town.
This morning I spilled my Java Frap. as I entered the school and it spilled on the the threshold of the school.
The laziest custodian of the universe,R, said he didn't spill it so he wasn't cleaning it up. Let me say that the principal was running late and I was opening the office. Anyhoo, It was being tracked into the school. When principal arrived she started cleaning up the tracked in slush. I told her what had been said and he had to clean it up inside and OUT!! ha ha you lazy ASS!!
I think on Friday I am going to do the Friday Fill in...Look for my answers tomorrow for the Random Dozen.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
1. What was the first car you owned? 1987 Ford Escort GT
2. What song are you embarrassed to know the lyrics to?
"I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"
3. Have you ever had stitches? Yes, many times!!!
4. What was your first job? Cashier at a grocery store, Red Food
5. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character? Oscar or The Count
Once again I don't have any plans so we are going to lay low at home. We will have ballgames up until June. I hope to visit my mom in Cali. the first part of June!!
The office has been crazy again this week....these kids are going NUTS!!! Summer break is never going to get here. We only have 18 days left, but I swear everyday wears me out!!
Well, Its been nice knowing ya'll, because after this weekend with the hubby hobbled, I will probably be in jail.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts? No, just a shelf for gift bags. I buy wrapping paper as needed
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster? No, but was the first one on the scene of a car accident that had multiple fatalities. a couple of children
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song? Copacabana. I will be singing this all day now!
5. What's the best costume you've ever worn? My mom made me a Peter Pan costume one year...I wish she had kept it.
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? dictionary, but mostly spell check!
7. What's your favorite breakfast food? Biscuits & Gravy
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial? YES, Chia Pet, ProActive, Bare Minerals make up
9. Have you ever crawled through a window? Of course I have.....
10. Do you believe in love at first sight? Without a doubt
11. How many pairs of jeans do you own? 6
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.") Hawaiian print, something tropical
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Kids are doing good, hubby's not doing anything stupid, and I am in a fairly good mood so the universe is at peace. After thought, The damn day ain't over yet!!
I think when I get home I am going to rock a nap!!!
Friday, April 16, 2010
I have nothing to do all weekend. I want to repeat that because I can't believe it myself!! I HAVE NOTHING TO DO ALL WEEKEND!!
Well, I have plenty to do. I have no plans!! I am going to clean off my screened in porch, and work in the yard, and do other trivial things around the house.
My girls are GROUNDED so they are helping me. The reason they are grounded is that they will not clean their rooms after being asked to REPEATEDLY!! C was asked to go to Loretta Lynn's Motocross event, hate that. She will be cleaning. M won't care until her bff can't come over.
I have a little chuckle for you. M(my preteen) was in a mood this morning. We were on our way this morning, and one of hubbies cousins passed on the road. As he waved, I didn't recognize him so I asked M if that was her cousins car. She replies...are you ready for this???? "I don't know..I am NOT a stalker"
I started laughing, continued to laugh. The more I laughed, the madder she became. Needless to say by the time we got to school, She was pissed as hell. So, I wished her a great day and sent her on to middle school.
It's going to be a great weekend!!!!!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
I am hooked,hooked,hooked on ghost hunting shows. I love Ghost Adventures. My favorite is not Zak, but Aaron. Don't get me wrong, Zak is smoking hot, but Aaron seems more my style. You know the wierd, ugly,whatever friend. Not that Aaron is wierd or ugly, but if you have ever watched the show....He's not Zak. I can't get past Nick Groff's pointed ears. I always get the buddy. Just once, I would have liked to have the smoking hot guy. I never did. Always the buddy.
One of my besties(S) says she will go, but I am a little wary of the contents of the show. The website has Horror and/or Paranormal advertised, I don't want the horror...I just want to meet Aaron. He Lives in Vegas. For my 40th bday, I am going to Vegas, maybe I will meet him there???!!!
I am not a dark person or anything...I am just a girl hooked on ghost hunting shows.
My Name is Jenny. You can see most of my general info in my very first blog. I haven't been blogging for very long so I am pretty new to this.
I am married with three kids 12(M),11(C),&8(P).2 girls and 1 boy. I work at a rural elementary school in East Tennessee. I tend to blog about my daily life, kids life and just generally every day things.
I love to watch all the ghost hunting shows. I don't have that many hobbies. I like to read and camp. M plays travel bball so I sit in gyms quite often on the weekend.
I started blogging cause my husband is NOT a good listener, and I want to talk,talk,talk. Most of the time I talk about stupid stuff, but thats ok cause you are listening aren't you??
Follow me here and on twitter cause I love to tweet too!!
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?
Absolutely NO, unless you have the right ankle!
2. What is your favorite pizza?
Veggie or just plain ole' cheese
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
I would buy some of Mr. T's bling bling!!
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
5. What is your current favorite snack?
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
I don't think I would succeed on any of these shows, but I would definately rank high on "America's Worst Drivers"
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?
6 It's ball season!!!!
8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.
There is pollen on my car and I put on my flip flops
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
My son acting like a fool
10. Tell me about a goal you're working towards.
I am trying to be nice to others. REGARDLESS
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
A friend is someone who knows you and loves you just the same.
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
Fix their favorite meals! or just basically grant their every wish!!! haha
Setting up concessions and watching ballgames...
SATURDAY: More concessions and watching ballgames. OD bday was on Sunday, so between games I did a little bit of bday shopping. I couldn't believe I bought the right things and she loved them!!! I took a couple of the girls to watch their "boyfriends" play and they loved that!! During the last game of the day, OD scored 2 points..she MADE both her foul shots!! I am sure it had nothing to do with my pleading to the good Lord that the shots go in!
OD turned 12, so we met some friends and had lunch, then we set off to the mall. We did a lot of shopping and had a great time!! After shopping the mall for HOURS, she couldn't find anything. We ended up @ Old Navy for 45 mins. and we were done. I tried to get her to go there to start off with.